The Bulwark of Aldwynn
The Bulwark of Aldwynn is one of the Bosses in Death's Gambit. Bosses are located throughout the game and award special loot upon completion as well as a significant amount of Shards.
The Bulwark is a creature of habit, molded by obedience. Planted by the Ascended, his roots run deep, immovable and everlasting. The Bulwark is a relic of the Ailtire and their soulcraft. His armor, a walking coffin, the progenitor to the Hollowed Knights at his command.
|Pride of the Bulwark||100%||Heroic|
- The Bulwark is the second hardest of the four fights you can immediately access from reaching the Central Sanctuary, with devastating attacks, fast combos, and reinforcements as well. Make sure you are well prepared before tackling this foe.
- Triple Slash: A fast and quick triple slash attack with a locked direction. Block or roll through and strike him from behind.
- Stab: He channels lightning (a perfect audio cue) before stabbing and sliding forward. You can block this attack, as well as roll through. Getting caught will result in high damage.
- Lightning: Only occurring from the second phase onwards, he summons lightning to strike your position. In Heroic the lightning instead strikes specific spots, leaving landmine shock orbs.
- Soul Burst: Upon reaching each phase marker, the Bulwark will collapse and his soul emerges and begins charging up. The boss health bar takes no damage at this time, but the soul does. However, both will take DOT damage from your attack (bleed, fire). Once they finish charging an AOE burst blasts from them, growing stronger each burst. While that sounds scary, the burst has a limited range so you can take your time.
- As he will not stand up as long as the Soul HP is not depleted, you can drag this phase out and keep damaging him by using DOT attack only to damage the boss and the soul at the same time then wait for the duration to expire and re-apply the DOT effect. When his HP drop low enough to trigger the next phase and the Soul dies, he will instantly re-enter the Soul phase after standing up. You can take the advantage and do the same tactic again..
- Conjure: After the soul phase, the Bulwark stands up again and summons three orbiting explosive spheres, very similar to the Mage spell. They can be destroyed, but touching them will administer a hearty zap.
- Storm Caller: He raises his sword and forms a massive one made from lightning, before slamming it down. Thankfully it can be avoided by any of the usual means. He also can't change direction while using this attack. However, there is a rare chance he will instead form a scythe with this attack. It is presumed (by the guy currently writing this) that if the scythe hits, it is a ONE SHOT.
- Reinforcements: During the entire fight, 4 soldiers spawn on both sides based on the timer under the health bar. Thankfully they are weak, and a great source for Soul Energy.
Notes & Tips
- Fighting his reinforcements is a way to grind shards in the early game.