A horrifying and malliable creature, once human. Found deep underground, he guards the door to Garde Tum.
Dark Knight Location
Dark Knight Drop Table
Dark Knight Strategy
- The Dark Knight has a slew of attacks he can unleash throughout the battle, but most can be avoided easily by standing on top of him.
- Slam: The Dark Knight holds his blade to the left before slamming forward and back against the ground. Standing on top of him will keep you safe.
- Rush: The Dark Knight slashes forward twice across the arena and smashes through guards, before one last backswing to hit any stunned players.
- Gelatin: He throws forward a black glob which creates a Red Slime at the landing point. These slimes do okay damage and also build poison, so be wary. You can block them as a safer and quicker way of disposal than hacking and slashing, however, it will sometimes not work.
- Shark: He will quickly and suddenly disappear before chomping whatever is in front of him. This attack is hard to spot and avoid, thankfully it doesn't do too much damage.
- Chomp: Occurring during the second phase, he fills out onto the ground and skull markers indicate the area of effect. He chomps upward as a massive mouth before reverting his shape. As it is one attack, simply block as opposed to attempting to dodge.
- Superflip: Occurs when he begins to glow with dark energy. He flips into the air and cuts everything beneath and in front. Thankfully still one attack, so blocking this works as well.
- (HEROIC ONLY) Nebula: During the fight, black orbs spawn and slowly grow. Once they reach full size they unleash three massive explosions, so pay close attention.
- Darkness: During the fight the Dark Knight will blind most of the entire screen, leaving only you and the sources of the lanterns really visible. It fades after several seconds but is still dangerous.
- Once you deal the finishing blow don't relax! A ghost servant will come from the right to try and resurrect the boss. Kill it swiftly. If it is immortal, use a Sun Stone or any magical attack to make it vulnerable.
- Dark Coalescence: On a timer at the bottom of the screen you can see how long until the effect takes place. Once it activates the Dark Knight's damage is doubled.
Dark Knight Notes & Tips
- The Dark Knight will be revived after his death by his ghost servants from the previous level. You should kill all four ghosts first to prevent him from being revived. To achieve this you can hit them with the sunstone item to make them vulnerable. You can also use any magical attack or energy weapons (guns).
- The Light spell you can buy from Sigur makes Darkness Falls, the Dark Knight's dark effect, and the next area much easier to navigate.
- Alternatively, throwing Sunstones around the area will also illuminate the dark. In the Heroic rematch, you can throw it before triggering the boss fight. However, sometimes the explosion from the black orbs will destroy nearby Sunstones.