Tundra Lord Kaern
It's unknown whether by chance or fate, the Amarogs discovered they could achieve immortality through ritual sacrifice. The green crystals are a byproduct of their ceremony.
Harnessing the crystals as the Altaire do, they crafted a crystal heart for the Kaern, an empty phial refilled by the souls of those they sacrifice.
Tundra Lord Kaern Tomes
- Location: Located just in-front of the Amarog horn, on a platform floating above.
- "It's unknown whether by chance or fate, the Amarogs discovered they could achieve immortality through ritual sacrifice. The green crystals are a byproduct of their ceremony."
- Location: Located past the second death statue in the Obsidian Vale, down the hole near the spear traps.
- " Harnessing the crystals as the Ailtire do, they crafted a crystal heart for the Kaern, an empty phial refilled by the souls of those they sacrifice."
- Platform. The platform where Sorun faces off against Tundra Lord Kaern is precariously balanced, and tips towards the direction Sorun, Tundra Lord Kaern, or the ice blocks from the Ice Throw attack are located on. It can be pushed down significantly with the Crash Down ability. Falling off this platform causes the screen to fade to white, before you reappear on the re-centered platform, having taken a large amount of damage.
- Leap. Tundra Lord Kaern leaps towards Sorun. Two waves of energy come off from both directions, centered where he lands.
- Ice Spike. A skull indicator appears below Sorun, and an ice spike projectile shoots to hover above the platform. It will momentarily shoot towards Sorun.
- Flurry. Tundra Lord Kaern slashes at Sorun four times in rapid succession.
- Charge. Tundra Lord Kaern charges towards Sorun, swiping up while doing. He then slams his fists into the ground, creating two ice spike projectiles that then shoot towards Sorun.
- Ice Throw. Upon his health dropping below a phase marker, Tundra Lord Kaern leaps up into the background. A skull indicator will then appear on Sorun. Momentarily, the Tundra Lord will begin throwing down large ice cubes that weigh the platform towards one direction. The ice cubes may be destroyed. If they land on Sorun, they deal damage. After five have been thrown, Tundra Lord Kaern drops onto the center of the platform, creating a damaging shockwave the second time this attack is done.
- Heroic Leap. Tundra Lord Kaern leaps towards Sorun. Two large waves of energy come off from both directions, centered where he lands.
- Heroic Flurry. Tundra Lord Kaern slashes at Sorun eight times in rapid succession.
- Ice Bombs. Tundra Lord Kaern creates two bombs made out of ice, that quickly loose health. They detonate when they reach zero health, but can be rolled off the platform. On lower amounts of health, he creates three.
- Tundra Lord Kaern is one of four optional bosses within the Afterlife DLC, along with Cusith, Grey Wanderer, and Abberant AI.
- Dying to Tundra Lord Kaern has a unique death animation, not seen elsewhere in the game. Your soul is not claimed, but rather the screen just reads "DEATH TAKES YOU."