|Shards||600 shards/3000 shards|
A lone Gaian found in Rider's Passage, it resembles both a horse and a wolf. Won't attack you unless you attack first.
Cusith Drop Table
- Cusith is an interesting boss, posing a challenge with only three separate attacks. One of the key parts of this boss is the platforms of varying height filling the arena.
- Step: Takes its middle foot and steps forward and back. Only these two steps are attacks and are easily avoided by staying in the middle of them.
- Stomp: Cusith rises into the air before stomping down and unleashing a forward shockwave destroying some of your platforms. Only the front feet are attacks.
- Breath: Cusith's main attack. They lean their head down and fire a salvo of electro orbs at the ground. When they impact they shoot out electricity in a horizontal line across the entire stage. In the second phase, they also shoot out a large number of yellow projectiles from the impact point.
- The key strategy to this boss is DPS. As the fight progresses you will have less and less room to battle, with only one platform left in the end. So defeating Cusith before that point is almost mandatory. The best strategy is to start off by attacking the legs with melee. Also making sure to use DOT effects. Once Cusith's eyes glow red that means a breath attack is imminent. When that happens you need to rush for a platform off the ground and not on the same height as any other platforms that could get hit. The lightning surges from the orbs are DEADLY. As the breath attack is happening, you should be unleashing the strongest ranged attacks at your disposal. When you hit the second phase consider moving even further away than normal so that you can avoid most of the projectiles and block the few that come your way.
Cusith Notes & Tips
- Cusith can be fought at any time to acquire more shards from how far you get each attempt, and as a great way to see how strong you are. The only reward besides shards is a Talent Point.
- Cusith is 100% optional but should come before Bysurge and after Origa.
- When Cusith is using its breath attack, you can shoot at its eyes to stop it. This can also be done just before the attack, when its eyes are glowing red, and it will cancel it all together.
- The guarantee drop of this boss is the +6 version of the weapon your are currently equipping in your weapon slot 1. If you want to upgrade any weapon to +6, put in your weapon slot 1 before the boss dies. You will get the +6 copy as a reward (PC version)
- In the current patch, it is not possible to get on top of Cusith. However, it has different moves when player character is on top of it. The sword on its head can be pulled out which kills the boss instantly.