Soul of the Phoenix
|Scorching Heroic Health||16000|
|Orange Heroic Health||20000|
The Soul of the Phoenix is a Boss beyond the Scorching Corridor. Defeating her is required to enter the Sky Tomb. A variant of her is also encountered within the Orange Forest, a location accesible via Dream Shift, once the Amulet of the Phoenix has been obtained.
The Phoenix was once a creature of legend, lost between storybook pages. Its avatar is a false god, a deception veiled by fire.
Their two hearts beat separately, the Phoenix acting as a host while sustaining the parasite with its infinite energy.
Soul of the Phoenix Tomes
- Location: Located in the house on the opposite side of the entrance towards Scorching Corridor.
- "The Phoenix was once a creature of legend, lost between storybook pages. Its avatar is a false god, a deception veiled by fire."
- Location: Located above the entrance towards Scorching Corridor, accessible via double jump or by coming from the top.
- " Their two hearts beat separately, the Phoenix acting as a host while sustaining the parasite with its infinite energy."
Soul of the Phoenix Rewards
|Item||Drop Rate Chance||Normal/Heroic|
|Blades of the Phoenix||100%||Normal|
|Drake Knight Boots +5||100%||Scorching Heroic|
|Void Boots +5||100%||Scorching Heroic|
|Consumed Knight Boots +5||100%||Scorching Heroic|
|Amulet of the Phoenix||100%. Does not drop on repeat kills.||Scorching Heroic|
|Great Phoenix Plume||100%.||Orange Heroic|
Soul of the Phoenix
- Flamespin. The Soul of the Phoenix positions herself close to the center of the room, before red energy begins to rise from her. She then spins her blades around in a damaging circle that pulls Sorun closer. Upon reaching a third of her health, this attack shoots fireballs in a rotating pattern centered on the Soul of the Phoenix.
- Leap. The Soul of the Phoenix jumps towards Sorun, slashing her blades in an extremely wide swooping arc.
- Slash. The Soul of the Phoenix slashes twice with her blades. The first slash extends close to her body, while the second extends much further.
- Throw. The Soul of the Phoenix yells "burn", before throwing her blades towards Sorun. They will then loop back around towards her.
- Sear. The Flamespin, Leap, and Slash attacks all inflict an effect called "Seared" that reduces the effectiveness of healing by 70%. It can be cured with medicinal plumes, but not with the Blood of the Phoenix talent. It lasts for thirteen seconds.
Scorching Corridor Heroic Attacks
- Scorching Heroic Flamespin. The Soul of the Phoenix positions herself close to the center of the room, before red energy begins to rise from her. She then spins her blades around in a damaging circle that pulls Sorun closer, while the Soul of the Phoenix slowly moves closer towards Sorun. This attack shoots fireballs in a rotating pattern centered on the Soul of the Phoenix.
- Scorching Heroic Slash. The Soul of the Phoenix slashes three times with her blades. The first slash extends close to her body, while the second and third extend much further.
- Scorching Heroic Clone. On very low health, The Soul of the Phoenix creates a duplicate of herself that shares her attacks and healthbar. During Scorching Heroic Flamespin, she no longer moves.
Orange Forest Heroic Attacks
- The Phoenix. The Phoenix will occasionally fly across the battlefield, spewing fire or dropping an exploding projectile fireball. It drops phoenix plumes, that can be reclaimed by either the player or the Soul of the Phoenix. If the Soul of the Phoenix claims it, she heals herself.
- Orange Heroic Flamespin. The Soul of the Phoenix positions herself close to the center of the room, before red energy begins to rise from her. She then spins her blades around in a damaging circle that pulls Sorun closer. This attack shoots fireballs in a rotating pattern centered on the Soul of the Phoenix.
- Orange Heroic Clone. The Soul of the Phoenix duplicates herself, attacking you with the Leap and Slash attacks.
- Perfect Blocking is extremely effective in this fight, considering the lack of Shieldbreaks. In the Heroic fight, it can hit both simultaneously.
- The Greatsword's X-Slash ability is able to attack both clones simultaneously, dealing double damage. This damage can be further increased with the class talent.
Soul of the Phoenix Notes & Trivia
- Before the Afterlife update, Heroic Phoenix could not be fought within her arena, and was only able to be fought in Caer Sioari. After the Afterlife update, the old version of Heroic Phoenix was moved to the Orange Forest, while a new version of her can be fought within her arena.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
This boss has ended every single one of my Mortal runs. No one else. Just heroic Phoenix. So many days wasted.
How do you get the blades of the Phoenix if you have a character from the old build of the game and already beat soul of the Phoenix?
Second tome is in caer sorai near the rooftop on the exit that leads left with magister and drake knight drop down and hug right wall
Beating Orange Forrest Phoenix hitless rewards Immortalite (2 or 3 not sure anymore) and 5 carrots
If anyone who is using a scythe is struggling with the last phase on heroic, try using deaths watch ability. It requires 50 FIN but was the only way I could kill them. Its basically a 1 hit KO
Heroic Phoenix Blue (aka Scorching Corridor) is a real PITA. Finally did it after ~50 deaths. The last phase is bonkers.
Wai-what? So many people complaining against this boss wtf, i have 5-6 runs now on as many different builds, always did her 1/1, what is so complicated? I would understand if you're talking about Phoenix Rider (heroic), that fight gets kinda chaotic on last phase, but this one is just super cake, her stats also, she does super nerfed damage compared to og Phoenix. Anyway I don't see any problem since to access this fight you have to do an harder fight first (Phoenix Rider heroic).
my god this boss is extremely hard any videos of you guys beating it i really need it so i can actually know what to do btw i only struggled when she splits
100 deaths on heroic form, assasin. Insane boss...
After about my 4th death in her sanctuary encounter she no longer spawned. And she doesn't anymore. Is this normal? Is it okay for me to keep progressing or will it screw things up?
Heroic Tips : Heroic Clone can't be parried on any attack she does, so it's best to roll through attacks and wait with fast skills to interrupt her attacks. Leap Attack from Boss Phoenix can be parried quite easily, so on higher NG+ it's best to aim for punishing those attacks.
i cant access her heroic fight
Anyone know who voices her?
turtle shell can help with her wide range of attacks that seemed to hit behind my shield