The Forgotten Gaian is one of the Bosses in Death's Gambit. Bosses are located throughout the game and award special loot upon completion as well as a significant amount of Shards.
A child of Gaia, enslaved as the first and final defense for Siradon. Most have been dormant for generations, subjected to excavations and autopsies by those with resources. It was common practice to pierce weapons and stakes into the Gaian's vitals as a preventative measure should they one day wake.
|Gaian Relic 5||100%||Heroic|
- This boss fight is actually more against Ione, with the Gaian acting as an in-between encounter.
- The Gaian has several attacks, although will only use certain ones at respective sides of the arena.
- Stomp: The Gaian raises their foot and stomps to the left, then the right, then rests their foot. Only the first two steps are attacks and can be avoided by rolling right then walking left. Only occurs when you are by their foot.
- Kick: The Gaian kicks you. The attack is limited to the right, so moving left should easily dodge the blow. Only occurs when you are by their foot.
- (HEROIC ONLY) Jump: The Gaian jumps into the air. Block the hit or pay the consequence. Also, watch out for the shockwave it creates. Occurs whenever the Gaian wants.
- Thrust: The Gaian does a slow thrust, where only the front half of the blade is the attack. Occurs on the left half of the arena.
- Slam: The Gaian slams down their blade. Move far to the left to avoid the attack, and watch out for the small shockwave produced at the end. Occurs on the left half of the arena.
- Stab: The Gaian stabs left of their feet three times. First middle, then left, then right. Occurs when the player is between sides.
- Dragging Ione to the far left side of the arena whilst fighting her makes the fight much more manageable, as shockwaves become the only thing you need to worry about.
- If you damage Ione fast enough you can skip her jumping back onto the Gaian in the middle of the fight, skipping a foot slashing phase.
- In HEROIC, reinforcements from multiple parts of the game join and cause mayhem, not to mention the Gaian's attacks become much faster.
- At the end of the fight, there will be one last foot slashing phase. Succeed and victory shall be yours.
Notes & Tips
- Build Soul Energy on the feet, then unleash it on Ione when she comes down.
- The Gaian is easy enough to dodge, so consider augmenting some feathers for more damage against Ione.
- It's possible to climp onto the Gaian's sword while it is on the ground, either after the stab attack or while fighting Ione on the ground. Doing this and holding on for a few moments allows you to fight Ione on the Gaian, effectively letting you skip attacking the foot. (You'll still have to attack the foot after defeating Ione to finish off the Gaian.)