Death in an NPC in Death's Gambit. Non-Player-Characters are those found within the game that interact with the player by giving advise, quests, items and acting as Merchants. He can't be killed and appears on multiple occasions in cutscenes and throughout the game.
'Just as a farmer harvests wheat, so too does Death harvest souls. But just as farmers then use the wheat for food, so too does Death feed the spiritual realm. Our life force transcends into a new plane of existence to perpetuate life beyond our limited understanding.'
- The first time the player enters the Central Sanctuary, death would engage in dialogue.
- Death is very similar to the Grim Reaper in appearance and purpose as he harvests the souls of the dead.
Death gives a contract to Sorun to fulfill his goal of destroying the Source of Immortality and therefore maintaining the balance between life and death.
- Death has big crow wings on his back. Crows are the eyes of Death in the mortal realm as he observes through their eyes.
- Death guides Sorun, the protagonist of Death's Gambit, throughout the game. In fact he initiates the events in the game by giving Sorun a contract and thus bringing him back from the dead. The full extent of Death's power is unknown however dialogue in the game shows that he can't kill people. Death is shown to withhold information from Sorun on multiple occasions which makes his intentions questionable especially when it's implied with the ng+ mechanic that Sorun will suffer eternally after death.
- Death is voiced by Matthew Mercer.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!